[sXBL] Various issues in the sXBL draft -- section 2

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:00:44 -0600
To: www-svg@w3.org

2.

What does "When an error is detected in a bindings [sic] subtree" mean?  Would
such an error be detected when the binding is first parsed, when it's first
attached, or what?

2.1.

What happens if <xbl:xbl> elements are nested?  This isn't allowed directly, but
I see nothing preventing <xbl:xbl> from containing some SVG that in turn
contains an <xbl:xbl> element.  It seems, from the prose in 2.2, that the
expectation is that they would just be treated as separate <xbl:xbl> elements in
the binding document in a natural way, but that's not clear in this section.

2.6.

When the specification says, with regard to <xbl:import> elements, that "the URI
specified by its bindings attribute must be loaded," are there any assumptions
made about whether said loading is synchronous?  It's probably worth clearly
stating whethere there are such assumptions and if so what they are.

What is "an XML MIME type" for purposes of this specification?  Probably worth
linking to the definition here.

I think that using the phrase "elements in the document" to mean "elements that
have the document as their ownerDocument" is a little confusing...

-Boris