Re: convert rdf to svg

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:34:03 +0100
To: "Puyan Abol-Ghasem-Zadeh" <pujan_a@email.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Thursday, March 17, 2005, 10:52:48 AM, Puyan wrote:

PAGZ> hi there,
PAGZ> please tell me how can I transfer rdf files into svg with xslt tranformator!
PAGZ> thanx
PAGZ> puyan

With extreme difficulty, in the general case. The same RDF can be
serialised to XML in multiple different ways, which XSLT will have
trouble dealing with.

Converting RDF to an SVG diagram of it is certainly possible, but XSLT
is not a suitable tool for it (even without the variable syntax, you
then need to implement a graph layout algorithm).

Instead, have a look at GraphViz
http://www.graphviz.org/

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead