Re: reply to CSS WG comments on SVG 1.2

From: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:17:45 +1100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>

On 8 Mar 2005, at 10:45, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * Dean Jackson wrote:
>> Thank you. We're changing the way we package our specifications which
>> should make it easier to review. Also, we describe in detail each
>> feature, and provide many examples. This makes the specification
>> larger but better.
>
> Could you elaborate on these plans? Will future SVG 1.2 drafts continue
> to be organized as a list of changes to other specifications?

The current plan is to deliver SVG Mobile 1.2 (aka Tiny 1.2) as a
complete specification. We received a lot of feedback (on SVG 1.2 Full)
saying that a "list of changes" isn't very readable, and some comments
saying SVG Mobile 1.1 should be a standalone spec.

Therefore, you'll probably see:

- SVG Mobile 1.2 as a complete specification
- SVG Full 1.2 as extensions to SVG Mobile 1.2

Dean