Re: Markers and all

From: bulia byak <buliabyak@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:47:33 -0300
To: Maxim Shemanarev <mcseem@antigrain.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On 6/22/05, Maxim Shemanarev <mcseem@antigrain.com> wrote:
>  - marker-start, marker-end - as is now,
>  - marker-mid - drawn at the middle of each subpath (good for diagrams),
>  - marker-vertex - drawn at each vertex (good for financial charts),
>  - marker-dist - drawn along the path uniformly distributed (good for
> GIS/cartography).

I like the idea, except that we cannot redefine marker-mid. So:

marker-start, marker-end, marker-mid - same as now,

marker-equispaced - markers are placed equidistantly regardless of
nodes. This is additionally controlled by one of the two properties:

marker-number - the total number of markers

marker-distance - the distance between markers along the path,
measured from start of path.

If only marker-number is specified, this number of markers is
distributed equispacedly along the path. If only marker-distance is
specified, markers are at this distance of each other, and the total
number of them is as necessary to fill all path. If both marker-number
and marker-distance are specified, only part of the path may have
markers, depending on the number, distance, and path length.

bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.