Re: SVG12: IRI Processing rules and xlink:href

From: Andrew Sledd <Andrew.Sledd@ikivo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:03:22 +0200
To: <www-svg@w3.org>, <chris@w3.org>
The discussion on this point has been very good but my original question
seems to have gotten buried in the detail (and maybe I've missed the
point of the discussion but here goes anyway).

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" >
<image width="100" height=""100" xlink:href="" />
<use xlink:href="" />
</svg>

the above image and use elements are each a circular reference, right?

aren't they then invalid and put the document into error?

and thus empty string ("") is not valid default value for xlink:href (as
listed in the Traits table section A.7.15) as the simplest svg including
an element which has an xlink:href would resolve to a circular
reference? Does xlink:href then have a default value? If so what?

Thanks,
Andy

Andrew Sledd
Ikivo AB