Re: SVG12: IRI Processing rules and xlink:href

* Chris Lilley wrote:
>BH> Yes. And the algorithm defined in RFC 3987 produces different
>BH> results than those defined in XML 1.0, XML Schema 1.0, SVG 1.1, HTML
>BH> 4.01, XML Catalogs, XInclude, XPointer, etc. which produce
>BH> equivalent results.
>
>Because international DNS was not included in the copy paste versions.

Well, the difference I am referring to is the incompatibility
with the reference character processing model as discussed in

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2005May/0024

This difference was part of the drafts since draft-masinter-
url-i18n-02 (published 1998) though the cases in which it
applies as well as the requirement levels changed over time.
The other differences are quite unimportant, especially since
RFC 3986 takes some of these into account.