Re: SVG12: 'display' trait

* Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
>I think you make good points here, particularly the JSR226 compatibility
>issue and how getTrait/setTrait are different APIs than
>getAttributeNS/setAttributeNS. (And of course different than any CSS DOM
>APIs that might be available on the HTML side.) I think it makes sense to say:

getTrait, etc. on properties are defined through reference to DOM Level
2 getComputedStyle(), there is no difference in the latest public draft.

>* getTrait/setTrait on SVG elements only support the keywords 'inline',
>'none' and 'inherit' (for setTrait only). Because of this, the uDOM section
>should talk about "further normalization" which sometimes goes beyond
>computed values.

Let's assume <g display="block"> and <g display="inline"> yield in a
different computed value for the display property and let's assume that
getTrait for both cases returns "inline", then

  g.setTrait('display', g.getTrait('display'));

would change the computed value to something completely different. Now,
could you name two other properties where a script as above would change
the computed value to something completely different aswell? If there
are no such properties, what's the point of special-casing the 'display'
property?