Re: SVG12: 'display' trait

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Chris Lilley wrote:

> The point is that
>
> <g display="
>

>             inline-block
>

>             ">
>
> Does not have to store, and be able to provide on request, the full
> glory of all the carriage returns, tabs, and leading and trailing spaces
> in the attribute value.

Well, some of those characters get converted during parse time (XML1
3.3.3), but apart from that, it seems to me that DOM Core requires you to
return what the author specified, not some normalised version of it... Is
SVG trying to define DOM Core behaviour? Because that would seem to be
outside SVG's mandate...