Re: SVG12: 'display' trait

Ola Andersson wrote:
> In general the svg specification doesn't define the behavior of crossing
> document boundaries.

The nodes inside a foreignObject are not in a different document.
They're in the same document.  For example, they would be affected by
any xml:base on the foreignObject, would inherit style from it, etc.  If
foreignObject just linked to an internal document what you say would be
true, but it doesn't.

> Several issues arise when you think about embedding
> xhtml into a foreignObject (focus navigation, event propagation, script
> access, etc). None of these questions are addressed by the SVG WG.
> Instead it is the CDF WG that are addressing issues concerning behavior
> on document boundaries.

Yes, but what I'm saying here is that if I understand your proposed
solution to Bjoern's problem correctly it makes it impossible for the
CDF WG to get this "right" (define sane behavior with SVG foreignObject
and CSS) in the future, in my opinion.

-Boris