Re: SVG12: 'display' trait

* Ola Andersson wrote:
>Comments: In an SVG context many of the possible display values are
>resulting in the same behavior. Therefore the user should be aware
>that an SVG Tiny implementation often will normalize the display
>value to 'inline' or 'none' and the originally specified display
>value (e.g. table-row) will be lost.

Well, trait getters on properties are essentially defined to return the
computed property value as defined in section 6.7 of the draft; the com-
puted value for display="block" is the specified value "block" so if an
implementation returns "inline" it will either not return the computed
value (which does not seem to be allowed) or the computed value of the
property is "inline" (which is not defined in the draft either).

I do not think SVG Tiny 1.2 should re-define the computed value of the
display property as that would be incompatible with SVG 1.1 and CSS,
and I see no reason for the trait getters to return something but the
computed property value, that would just make the model more complex
and cause various other problems, so I do not think implementations
should be allowed to return "inline" for display="block".

As I think the draft does not allow implementations to do that anyway,
your changes to the trait table without the comment above would address
my concern.