Re: Shadow tree generation

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:04:30 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Jon.

Jon Ferraiolo:
> An empty shadow tree is very different from a non-existent shadow tree. If
> there is no <xbl:template>, then xblShadowTree is null, which causes
> xblChildNodes to equal childNodes, which means render the original content
> as if there were no binding.

Actually, it's not the issue of the empty template that I was meaning to
ask about.  (I just put nothing in there to simplify the example.)  I'd
like to know if #B should get a shadow tree even though it is a child of
a custom element whose shadow tree does not have an xbl:content element
referencing it, and also if #A should get a shadow tree even though it
is within an xbl:template element that is not used anywhere.

So perhaps I could distill my question further to this: are shadow trees
generated only for custom elements reachable via the flattened tree (#A
and #B don't get shadow trees), reachable via the flattened tree OR the
regular DOM tree (#A and #B do get shadow trees), or some other rule?

Thanks,

Cameron

--
  e-mail : cam (at) mcc.id.au    	icq : 26955922
     web : http://mcc.id.au/	        msn : cam-msn (at) aka.mcc.id.au