Re: sXBL defining shadow character data

From: Jon Ferraiolo <jonf@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:05:42 -0700
To: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>, www-svg@w3.org

Cameron,
Very good question! I do not believe this particular use case has been
discussed. The SVG spec needs to be clear about whether implementations
should support your example or not support it.

Let's call your example below Example 1. Here is another example to
consider (Example 2):

<xbl:definition element="ex:test">
    <xbl:template><tspan>world</tspan></xbl:template>
</xbl:definition>

Let me throw the question back to you to respond as an implementer. Do you
think it is easier on implementers to support or not support Example 1 and
Example ? My inclination is to say both are supported.

Jon