text

From: Kemin Zhou <kzhou@san.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:05:13 -0800
To: www-svg@w3.org
I just compiled the most recent version of Mozilla with SVG
functionality.  When I checked the status,
the text element is implemented.  But when I did a test the text could
not rendered with mozilla.
The exact file can be rendered by IE.

here is my simple test file

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<svg version="1.1"
     xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
<rect x="10" y="20" width="100" height="30" />

<text x="40" y="100" font-size="50">
   Some thing
   <tspan onload="alert(evt.target.getComputedTextLength())">
      Scalable Vector Graphics</tspan>
</text>

</svg>

I simple rect object was inclded to demonstrate that SVG is working with
my mozilla build.
Am I missing something on my Linux computer, such as font etc?

Kemin