Mouseover/mouseout event stopping over shadow scopes in sXBL

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:58:25 +1100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Say you had this document:

  <svg ...>
      <xbl:definition element="ex:test1">
	  <rect width="100" height="100"/>
      <xbl:definition element="ex:test2">
	  <circle cx="100" cy="100" r="50"/>

and the mouse was moved from over the circle to over the rect.
Would I be right in guessing that these are the events that should be

  phase		type		target		currentTarget

  CAPTURING	mouseout	ex:test2	ex:test1
  CAPTURING	mouseout	circle		ex:test2
  AT_TARGET	mouseout	circle		circle
  BUBBLING	mouseout	circle		ex:test2
  BUBBLING	mouseout	ex:test2	ex:test1
  CAPTURING	mouseover	rect		ex:test1
  AT_TARGET	mouseover	rect		rect
  BUBBLING	mouseover	rect		ex:test1

The text in section 5.4 only talks about moving from one shadow tree to
another, but I imagine the behaviour in the table above is what you
want, too.  I think the text should mention what happens if one of
the two shadow scopes involved is below the other.

Cameron McCormack