Re: DOM Level 3 events

Hi Cameron,
Only one event is raised, not two.

However, you can register an event listener using either name. Your handler
will get invoked no matter whether you listen to the "error" event or the
"SVGError" event. I would assume that, when your handler receives the event
object, the event name would match the name of the event to which your
event listener was listening. Thus, if you listened for "SVGError", the
event type on the event object would be "SVGError".

The SVG 1.2 spec obviously needs some clarification on this. Thanks for
posing the question.

Jon Ferraiolo
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Member SVG Working Group