Re: rendering of boundaries of touching objects

From: Craig Northway <craign@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:22:12 -0500
To: Piers Titus van der Torren <pierstitus@gmail.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Hi,

This is a known issue with the method of anti-aliasing that these
renders use. Other anti-aliasing methods can be used but are more
expensive, i.e. sub-pixel rendering uses more memory etc... The SVG
working group have decided not to specify how anti-aliasing is done, and
I don't think they will in the future. This artefact is not wanted, but
this is a comprise made for performance.

Regards,
Craig Northway