Re: getElementById method on SVGSVGElement

Thomas DeWeese wrote:
>    Then do it in a version of the spec that doesn't try to be
> "upward compatible".  BTW when I looked at the implementation in
> Batik I noticed a feature of this method, it allows for
> searching of disconnected subtrees (which could have duplicate
> id's, since they aren't in the document).

How is one to reconcile that feature with restrictions on duplicate IDs when the
node _is_ in the document?  Please suggest reasonable wording?

Note that the definition of the method explicitly talks about the "document
tree", so it's not clear to me whether Batik's behavior is even correct...  If
it is, the method's definition in the specification needs a _lot_ of clarification.

-Boris