Re: SVG12: animating xml vs css

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:34:21 +0100
To: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@enst.fr>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org, SVG WG <w3c-svg-wg@w3.org>

* Cyril Concolato wrote:
>> The previous draft did not have such a statement, the list of changes
>> does not note such a change in the processing model, and the statement
>> appears in an informative discussion about the pros and cons of the
>> presentation attributes, as such I consider it a claim rather than a
>> normative requirement which is then wrong as there is no such require-
>> ment in either the draft or any of its normative references as far as
>> I can tell. If this is meant to be a definition it would need to be in
>> the attributeType="XML" definition.

>And added the following text in the attributeType attribute definition:

>corresponding property.
>         Thus, for <a
>href="styling.html#SVGStylingProperties">properties listed in SVG Tiny
>1.2</a>, the same effect
>         occurs from animating the presentation attribute with <a
>href="animate.html#AttributeTypeAttribute"><span
>class="attr-value">attributeType="XML"</span></a> as occurs
>     with animating the corresponding property with <a
>href="animate.html#AttributeTypeAttribute"><span

This still suggest that attributeType='CSS' and attributeType='XML' are
interchangable in SVG Tiny 1.2 documents which is still not the case, to
mention one more difference, the to/from/values attributes must not use
scientific notation of numbers when animating properties while they may
when animating the presentation attribute.