Re: SVG12: base IRI for element instances

* Chris Lilley wrote:
>>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/struct.html section
>> 5.6 is unclear about the base IRI for element instances; the current
>> wording suggests that the base IRI is inherited from the <use> element;
>> W3C Amaya implements this, but e.g. Batik 1.5 and ASV6b do not. Please
>> change the draft such that resolving relative references on element
>> instances is clearly defined in a manner consistent with sXBL.
>
>We agree that a definition consistent with sXBL is warranted, and have
>added the following to the definition of the 'use' element:

>  xml:base on the node itself, then recursively on any xml:base on their
>  parentNode, and finally any xml:base on the ownerDocument if there is
>  no parentNode. </p>

This then contradicts the later definition which still implies that the
xml:base attribute is transferred to the referenced element, that text
would need to be revised to remove this contradiction. The new text
should not specify a lookup algorithm but rather say what the base
resource identifier reference is (e.g., the base resource identifier
reference of an element instance is that of its corresponding element.)