Re: SVG12: !important in property animation

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 22:50:45 +0100
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

* Chris Lilley wrote:
>BH>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/animate.html seems
>BH> clear that animation like <set attributeName="fill" to="red!important"
>... />> is allowed
>
>We can find nothing in the specification that licenses such usage. The
>specification clearly states that animation allows different values over
>time. There is no mention of a 'declaration' being allowed, only a
>'value'. Please see
>http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/syndata.html#syntax
>for the definitions of these terms.

A 'declaration' per that section would include a colon which the above
clearly does not. In fact, the string above would perfectly match the
'value' production in that section. But well, if you think this should
not be disallowed, please work with the SYMM WG to install appropriate
language in the SMIL and SVG specifications to clearly rule this out.