SVGT 1.2: uDOM Document interfaces with minor wording differences from DOM

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:46:50 -0700
To: www-svg@w3c.org

The following uDOM Document methods and attributes have minor textual
differences from the corresponding DOM Level 3 methods, but where the
intent seems to be to define them identically:

implementation
documentElement
createElementNS
getElementById

The textual differences fall into two categories:

A: not specifying behavior for particular edge cases
B: omitting verbiage relating to concepts not present in uDOM

I think category A differences are actively harmful, as they may lead
to interpretations that conflict with the DOM. I think Category B
differences are not particularly valuable, as additional text noting
aspects that don't apply would be sufficient.

Therefore, for all these methods and properties, I recommend quoting
verbatim or better yet normatively referencing the DOM Level 3 Core
definitions.

Regards,
Maciej