Re: SVG12: ev:event vs namespaces

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:58:06 +0100
To: "Jon Ferraiolo" <jonf@adobe.com>
Cc: <www-svg@w3.org>

* Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
>This is the SVG WG response to you're the thread that begins with:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Apr/0234.html
>And where your last response (copied below) was:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005May/0258.html
>Thanks for your follow-on comments on this issue. We agree that
>unqualified event names belong in the XML Events namespace. We have
>reviewed the specification to make sure that it is clear that this is
>true. The latest draft now says the 'event' attribute can only accept a
>particular discrete set of event names (with a hyperlink to a section
>which provides the list of values), and then the referenced section now
>says that all of the events that are allowed are in the XML Events

The current draft is more confused in this regard than the previous one.
To mention just one problem, the definition is

  ev:event = "<string>"

    The name of the event to handle. This attribute is in the XML
    Events namespace. See event list for a list of all supported
    events and [XML-Events] for the definition of the ev:event

And the draft uses syntax like ev:event="ev:click" in examples. How
would one go from "<string>" and "as defined in XML Events" to "some
sort of qualified name, as defined in SVG Tiny 1.2"?