Re: SVG12: animation with indirect values

* Robin Berjon wrote:
>You wrote:
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/animate.html is
> > unclear about animation that involves indirect values such as the
> > currentColor keyword for color properties.
>
>The specification has been clarified to say that it is the computed
>value of a property that is animated, which covers the currentColor
>case since its computed value is that of the current color.

There is new text

  Animation is based on the computed value of properties. Thus, keywords
  such as 'inherit' which yield a computed value may be inherited
  because the computed value is a scalar or list of scalars. For
  example, fill="inherit" may be animated, because the computed value of
  fill will be a color.

This seems wrong ("may be inherited"?) and misses my point. For the
example I gave

  <rect color="green" fill="#000000" height="100" width="100">
    <animateColor attributeName="fill"
                  from="#000000" to="currentColor"
                  begin="0s" dur="3s" fill="freeze" />
  </rect>

an implementation would need to determine some numeric value for the
currentColor keyword and the specification does not say which value
that might be. If this is allowed, the specification would need to say
for which element the computed value of the color property would be
considered, when that would happen, and what happens if the computed
value changes while the animation is running. So this does not address
my concern.