Re: [SVGMobile12] content of the handler attribute of listener

From: Jean-Claude Dufourd <jcdufourd@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 20:33:24 +0100
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Dear Mark

On 12/22/05, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net> wrote:

> What is the list of "allowed element types" though? Since the only thing
> that is needed is a handleEvent() method, and there is nor reason that
> such
> a method could not be applied dynamically (for example, via XBL), then
> there
> is very little that can be enforced.

We are more interested in what makes sense than in what can be enforced in
this case.
To make things clear, I understand listener can have this syntax:

<ev:listener ... handler="#foo"... />

We wonder:
- is there a restriction on the elements which can have the id foo ? for
example, can foo only point to a handler element or a script element ?
- if so, is it an error or is it just ignored if #foo points to an
unauthorized element ?
- what is the behaviour for an authorized element ?

Best regards
JC
--
Jean-Claude Dufourd