Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: No conformance criteria for how to parse attribute values

Hi Ian,

On Dec 21, 2005, at 22:15, Ian Hickson wrote:
>> xxx>> How should multiple commas in a row be parsed?
>>
>> Please see the following line of the EBNF
>>
>> comma-wsp:
>>     (wsp+ comma? wsp*) | (comma wsp*)
>>

> This says that multiple commas don't match the grammar, it doesn't
> say how
> to handle them if they are there. (However, if it is the intention, as
> noted below, that rendering UAs should include conformance
> checkers, then
> I accept that the processing of multiple commas is defined.)

Generally the error handling is specified on the attributes, not on
the data types. Unless otherwise noted, when an attribute holds a
value that is incorrect it is treated as if it hadn't been specified.
The behaviour then depends on what the default value is.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist