Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: Behaviour of <a> pointing into same document outside SVG document fragment is not defined

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Chris Lilley wrote:

> On Saturday, December 10, 2005, 12:17:29 AM, Ian wrote:
>
> IH> Section 14.1.3 Reference Restrictions lists five options (A-E). One
> IH> option that does not appear to be listed as a possible option is for a
> IH> link to point to an element inside the same XML document but outside
> IH> the current SVG document fragment.
>
> Yes, there are no elements in SVG Tiny 1.2 that have that particular
> restriction [...]

In that case please clearly state this in the specification. As it stands
today it is unclear (I was in fact confused as to whether, for example, an
<a> element linking to an element outside the SVG fragment would be
unsupported or allowed -- the specification simply does not cover this
case at the moment).

> If a particular element is restricted to linking to somewhere in the
> current SVG document fragment and it links outside it, then it has
> clearly not met the restriction.

This does not address my issue. There are other cases than the one you
list. This is really a simple issue, the spec claims to list all the
possibilities but does not, and therefore has an ambiguity. It should be
easy to fix.