Re: Last Call: SVG Tiny 1.2

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 11:41:22 +0100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>

On Dec 08, 2005, at 02:25, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> But even if ignore that and ignore that would really like to look
> at the resolutions of some comments other sent in, it's pretty much
> physically impossible for me to look over just the responses to my
> comments between now and when I get on a plane in a few days.

I know this may sound a touch weird but if you want to take a printed
copy of the spec with you and mail (remember? those things you put in
an envelope with a stamp on them and stuff) in the comments it'd
work. You can find an address where Chris will receive them on http://
www.w3.org/People/chris/. (Even if you don't do this you might still
want to go there and see the one and only picture of Chris with a tie.)

> May I suggest simply having a longer-than-minimal Last Call
> period?  That would really help. ;)

We're under massive industry pressure to get the spec out and get it
out yesterday, whether it has bugs or not. We're doing our best to
produce a quality specification nevertheless (and I think LC3 is
*much* better than any previous version) but a longer LC period was
not an option. Even having a third last call at all had to be
discussed and then diplomatically explained outside the WG to people
who want that spec to have been a Rec in 2003.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist