Re: SVG12: DOMObject portability

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 13:55:46 +0100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>

On Dec 03, 2005, at 13:24, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> So SVG extends DOM events in such a way that non-Nodes can become
> the target of
> an event? Only for SVGElementInstance? Was there really no cleaner
> way to solve
> this?

I don't know why SVGElementInstance wasn't made to be a Node, it
happened way before my time, but I would suspect it might be because
it is nigh impossible to add new Node types to the DOM if you're not
the DOM WG. I don't think that making non nodes targets is a problem
though, and I also think that it's several years too late to fix this
if it's broken.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist