Re: [SVG12]: EventListenerInitializer2 and ECMA

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 13:48:49 -0500
Cc: <arttu.rantanen@solita.fi>, <tomi.oinonen@solita.fi>
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi,

this is a response to the last call comment you made at:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Jul/0070.html

> If I have understood this in a correct way, EventListenerInitializer2
> interface should be implementation specific issue and only behavior
> should
> be specified as far as ECMA script is concerned (script code gets
> executed
> and listeners are initialized). But my assumption might be wrong and
> therefore I'd really like to get answer to these questions. An
> example might
> also do some good.

Your assumption is indeed correct and the specification was unclear
regarding the applicability of EventListenerInitializer2 to
ECMAScript. The draft has been modified to state clearly that no
method of this interface can be called from script, and also that the
global script object does not inherit from it so that the
initialisation of script and handler elements will not trigger
anything in script.

Thank you dearly for your thorough review, please let us know shortly
if this response does not satisfy your concerns,

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist