Re: GPS Coordinates in Tiny SVG

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:28:59 +0100 (BST)
To: www-svg@w3.org

> evt.gpsLong    //similar to evt.clientX
> evt.gpsLat     //similar to evt.clientY

Leaving aside the question of what spherical coordinates have to do
with a 2D graphics language (the answer being that SVG is now no longer
that, but an application platform), I am pretty sure that you need to
specify a datum and ellipsoid before you can sensibly quote GPS
latitudes and longtitudes.  (In the USA, both would be defined by
specifying WGS-84, but I'm not sure that is universally true, and
many countries would prefer their own grid systems.)

Also, the full solution includes height and time, so why only lat and long?