Re: Request for Future Feature: Star Element

Hi Doug

you are right, a pie sector is a very special shape. A triangle is much
more common. But a triangle can easily created as a polygon with 3 edges
(okay, it's a symmetric triangle, but you can scale it.).

And yes, you can overlay the pies to get a ring sector, but than you
have to create again 2 pie sectors (very complex path elements). If you
use a discrete banded radial gradient, you can't use patterns. In my
opinion there's no easy way to generate such a shape without going into
the complex path syntax.

Ciao
Olaf

--