Re: SVG12: Transfer-Encoding

Chris Lilley wrote:
> Thanks, that is much clearer. (However, if someone gzips an SVG document,
> the intent is also to speed up network transmission.)

Perhaps.  Or perhaps it's to reduce storage.  Or some other reason.

The litmus test I'd use for content vs transfer encoding is what should happen
when the user saves the data.  If compressed data should be saved, then content
encoding is indicated; if uncompressed data should be saved, then transfer
encoding should be used.

> OK we will clarify for the case where the server compresses on the fly.

Ideally, this would be done by simply deferring to the HTTP/1.1 RFC...

-Boris