Re: 15.1.2 Navigation

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:54:53 +0100 (BST)
To: www-svg@w3.org

The original does not appear to have been public, so I'm responding to
the quotation, and to one particular statement, possibly out of context.

> DS> commitment; if a person is slightly surprised by an unorthodox navigation
> DS> decision, they can quickly figure out the system behind it and navigate to

As a general principle, this is only true if they are computer literate,
reasonably intelligent, and committed.  Maybe as much as 50% of the
population don't fall into this category (actually more if you consider
committed and a site that they don't consider important enough).  I would
say the vast majority of those over 70 don't fall into the category.