Re: SVG 11 DTD

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:32:34 +0200
To: "Breden, Bill" <w-breden@ti.com>
Cc: "Vinnakota, Swapna" <swapna_v@ti.com>, www-svg@w3.org, tis-timssupport@list.ti.com

Hi Bill,

Breden, Bill wrote:
>     While we appreciate your answer and opinion, useless or not, Corel
> has included it as a part of their output format from their Designer 12
> software.

That's unfortunate, and I understand your position, though I would
nevertheless recommend pruning the DOCTYPE line out of those documents
before loading them. You will be saving both trouble and time.

> Our problem is that the Microsoft MSXML parser is failing on
> version 1.1 of the DTD but runs properly on version 1.0. The parsing
> error indicates "Parameter entity must be defined before it is used".
> Any suggestions as to what may be causing this would be appreciated.

I haven't checked it by hand by modulo a few warnings it works in
xmllint, and a number of versions of MSXML. It looks like the version
you're using has the problem listed here:

   http://www.w3.org/2002/04/xml_bugs/#bug2

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist