Extension mechanisms in SVG Full 1.2?

From: Risto Pohjonen <rise@metacase.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:55:09 +0300
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

Dear list,

I have been investigating possible ways to extend SVG with certain
application logic level elements and attributes. In addition to foreign
private data in foreign namespaces and the foreignObject element, SVG
1.1 seems to provide means to add private elements and attributes to the
DTD. This sounds promising for my purposes, so I went to see what SVG
1.2 drafts have to say about it. Unfortunately, I did not find reference
to these extension mechanisms in 2005-04-13 and 2004-10-27 drafts.
Therefore, I would like to inquire the status of these mechanisms in SVG
1.2. Are they expected to change a lot? My primary concern of course
being that if I go with SVG 1.1 now, do I run the risk of being
hopelessly incompatible with 1.2 later...

Thanks in advance & best regards,

Risto Pohjonen