Re: Convert path arcs to cubic splines?

From: Mark McKay <mark@kitfox.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 13:59:48 -0400
To: Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com>
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Thomas,

I have looked at Batik.  They deal with th eproblem by implementing a
completely new general path that uses actual arcs to draw the arcs.
(GerenalPath is frusteratingly declared final)  This is quite a bit
different from converting arcs to splines.  From what I remember,
ExtendedGeneralPath also has a whole lot of dependancies.  I'd prefer to
simply come up with the arc/spline aproximation if I can.

Also, this is for my SVG Salamander viewer, which does a lot of what
Batik does, plus animation.   Everything is in place for paths except
for arcs.  http://svgsalamader.java.dev.net.

Mark McKay