Convert path arcs to cubic splines?

From: Mark McKay <mark@kitfox.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 11:40:36 -0400
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi,

I'm having trouble tring to figute out how to calculate arcs.  In
particular, I'd like to convert a path's arc syntax into the equivilant
(or closest) cubic syntax.

I'm writing a program that parses the content of the path element and
produces GeneralPath shapes in Java.  The GeneralPath can create shapes
composed of linear, quadratic and cubic splines.  Any light shed into
how to interpret the arc syntax would be a big help.

Mark McKay