Re: SVG12: seeking requirements

* Craig Northway wrote:
>>This change alone does not satisfy me, the draft would then contradict
>>the definition of the element which states that discarding an element
>>is equivalent to calling removeChild() which would no longer be true as
>>user agents are not prohibed from re-inserting nodes removed via that
>>method when seeking.
>
>Excuse me? They are explicitly prohibited from re-inserting nodes. This
>method now works exactly like calling removeChild/Node() from a script.

My original comment was that there does not seem to be a definition
of "seeking backwards" in the draft yet the draft assumes specific
requirements for "seeking backwards". The same is true for the draft
plus the proposed change. If "seeking backwards" is clearly defined
in the draft it should be easy to comply with my original request
to link to that definition from the discard element definition; and
if there is no such definition, removeChild() is simply not defined
to have the impact on "seeking backwards" you describe.