Re: SVG12: SMIL references

On Monday, April 18, 2005, 12:59:11 AM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> Dear Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group,

BH>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/ refers to SMIL in
BH> apparently random ways, it refers to SMIL 2.0 First Edition, SMIL 2.0
BH> Second Edition, the latest version of "SMIL 2",

All of those *should be* to 'the latest version of SMIL 2.0' but
unfortunately there is no such thing to link to. This is being fixed, I
believe.

Its possible to link to 'the latest SMIL 2' which in fact we did
originally, except that this currently points to a spec which is
a) a working draft
b) a diff, not a complete spec
c) so all the links break

Meanwhile, because of the above, the spec links to a dated (second
edition) SMIL 2.0. The references to the first edition are erroneous and
will be fixed.

BH>  SMIL Animation, etc.

SMIL animation is a separate spec, but I will check on how it is used in
SVG Tiny 1.2.

BH> Please replace all these references to references to SMIL 2.0 Second
BH> Edition and the latest version of SMIL 2.0.

We will, once such a thing exists.

http://www.w3.org/TR/SMIL20/
404 not found

http://www.w3.org/TR/SMIL2
the SMIL 2.1 working draft

http://www.w3.org/TR/SMIL/
currently, SMIL 2.0 se (but could be any version in the future)

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead