Re: SVG12: "DTD" and "W3C XML Schema"

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:32:54 +0200
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Sunday, April 24, 2005, 7:27:43 PM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> Dear Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group,

BH>   From
BH> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/conform.html

BH> [...]
BH>   Similarly in the case of a conflict between a DTD or W3C XML
BH>   Schema and the RelaxNG schema, the RelaxNG is authoritative
BH> [...]

BH> There are no such "DTD" or "W3C XML Schema" in the draft, please change
BH> the draft such that it includes a "DTD" and "W3C XML Schema".

Why? What use would they serve?

If someone makes one, the RNG is authoritative over it.  That was the
point of the wording.

The omission of DTD is a feature, not a bug. The omission of a W3C XML
Schema is also intentional, though if we find a way to make one that
conveys most of what the RNG says we may well add one. The RNG wuld
still be authoritative over it, however.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead