Re: SVG12: animating xml vs css

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:04:45 +0200
To: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

* Robin Berjon wrote:
>Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>> As pointed out in related comments, the specification is unclear about
>> the exact requirements. Nevertheless I believe this to be incorrect,
>> please change the draft to either explain in detail why this is always
>> the case or such that it does not make such erroneous claims.
>
>Could you please detail the way in which you consider this claim to be
>erroneous? It is unclear to us from your email what exactly you are
>objecting to.

The previous draft did not have such a statement, the list of changes
does not note such a change in the processing model, and the statement
appears in an informative discussion about the pros and cons of the
presentation attributes, as such I consider it a claim rather than a
normative requirement which is then wrong as there is no such require-
ment in either the draft or any of its normative references as far as
I can tell. If this is meant to be a definition it would need to be in
the attributeType="XML" definition.