Implementing DOM 3 event dispatching

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:18:55 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi WG.

A couple of months ago I posted to www-dom about some problem I think
exists with event dispatching in DOM 3 Events:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2005JanMar/0004.html

(The second question in that mail, though still not answered, isn't too
much of a problem.)  Basically, dispatching custom events cannot be done
properly.  I wonder if maybe someone could follow this up with the DOM
people, since I didn't get an answer.  It's not a show stopper, but it'd
be good if SVG's normative dependency of DOM 3 Events doesn't have this
problem.

BTW, why is DOM 3 Events only a Note and not a Recommendation like DOM 3
Core?

Thanks,

Cameron

--
  e-mail : cam (at) mcc.id.au    	icq : 26955922
     web : http://mcc.id.au/	        msn : cam-msn (at) aka.mcc.id.au