Re: SVG12: app/ecmascript content

On Monday, April 18, 2005, 12:59:10 AM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> Dear Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group,

BH>   From http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/script.html
BH> section 15.2

BH> [...]
BH>   This type of executable content must be source code for the ECMAScript
BH>   programming language (either of ECMA-262 3rd Edition, ECMA-327, or
BH>   ECMA-357). This code is executed in the context of this element's
BH>   owner document's global scope as explained above.
BH> [...]

BH> It is out of scope of SVG Tiny 1.2 to define what kind of content may be
BH> labeled using this media type, please change the draft such that this
BH> (incorrect) statement is removed and the normative definition of this
BH> media type is referred to.

I agree that what the media type definition says should not be
contradicted. Do you have an up-to-date pointer to the latest
registration document?

However, we don't want people using ECA 2nd or 1st edition. Any
suggestions on good wording to make that clear?

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead