Re: [sXBL] XPath or CSS selectors in includes attribute

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:24:07 -0500
To: werner.donne@re.be
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Werner Donné wrote:
> An open issue is still whether XPath or CSS should be used in the
> "includes" attribute of the "content" element.

One other note (which I'm sure people have considered already).  Any "includes"
syntax that uses information about a node's location in the DOM (that is,
something other than the tag name and attributes of the node being included)
pretty much requires complete traversal of all the descendants of the bound
element and reconstruction of the "includes" parts of the shadow tree any time
a DOM mutation happens...

-Boris