Re: XBL in document fragments

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:38:59 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

"Erik Arvidsson" <erik@eae.net> wrote in message
news:4159DFF8.2060405@eae.net...
>> But what about event handlers elsewhere in the document?  Those may want
>> to access the "test" attribute on the <p> while the binding is loading...
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. If the loading is synchronous no other
> events can interrupt it.

This is IMO unacceptable behaviour, synchronous in single threaded UI
languages (such as all current ES implementations) is utterly unacceptable,
as Boris noted users do not accept the user agent doing nothing.

> I don't see a reason for not loading the binding documents during the page
> load (just like CSS files).

That's no solution to the problem of it requiring synchronous loading, it
just lessons the times it's likely to be relevant.

Jim.