Structural GUI language for SVG?

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:29:26 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

I've been pestering a number of people regarding SVG and accessibility
for a while now ~:"

What's becoming clear to me is that SVG is missing an agreed standard
for describing GUI structure
such things as 'button' 'breadcrumb' 'navigation' 'style-control'
'illustration'
could others add to this list? and comment?

If SVG is ever to be truly accessible this GUI structural language will
be essential information.

thanks

~:"

Jim wrote: the SVG environment knows nothing about the users needs
Mark wrote: an architecture where the source documents are written in a
device-agnostic way
Chaals wrote: there are simple ways of structuring text. One of the
most obvious is to put anything beyond a label into HTML, using the
foreignObject element.
darobin wrote: you could prolly get away with a well known rdf property
or something like that
schepers wrote: there could be a structural language that is rendered
in or accessible through SVG
delscreek wrote: please give us built-in support for common widgets

Jonathan Chetwynd
http://www.peepo.co.uk     "It's easy to use"
irc://freenode/accessibility