Re: Comments about sXBL

From: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@enst.fr>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:40:19 +0200
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Mark,

Thank you for this very enlightning answer. Some more quick questions:

Mark Birbeck a écrit :
> As you can see then, to make this whole thing work, the actual DOM event
> architecture itself needs to change, but as it happens, the DOM 3 Events
> proposal did add a feature to allow something very, very close to this. Of
> course, this does mean that DOM 3 Events needs to become a standard for sXBL
> to work, but hopefully that won't be too much work ;).
What is the name of this feature in DOM 3 Events?

>   <xbl>
>     <definition match="xf:input">
>       <handlerGroup>
>         <xyz:dispatch
>          ev:event="mouseover"
>          name="xforms-hint"
>         />
>       </handlerGroup>
>     </definition>
>   </xbl>

So if I understood correctly, the handlerGroup is a place holder to put
all the event listeners and yet-to-come dispatchers that are part of the
interface of the binding. You put there the behavioral part of the
binding that will receive/emit events from/to the bound element. Events
handling elements that deal with internal events should be put in the
template element. Is that right?

Regards,
--
Cyril Concolato