Re: Comments about sXBL

From: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@enst.fr>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:40:19 +0200
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Thank you for this very enlightning answer. Some more quick questions:

Mark Birbeck a écrit :
> As you can see then, to make this whole thing work, the actual DOM event
> architecture itself needs to change, but as it happens, the DOM 3 Events
> proposal did add a feature to allow something very, very close to this. Of
> course, this does mean that DOM 3 Events needs to become a standard for sXBL
> to work, but hopefully that won't be too much work ;).
What is the name of this feature in DOM 3 Events?

>   <xbl>
>     <definition match="xf:input">
>       <handlerGroup>
>         <xyz:dispatch
>          ev:event="mouseover"
>          name="xforms-hint"
>         />
>       </handlerGroup>
>     </definition>
>   </xbl>

So if I understood correctly, the handlerGroup is a place holder to put
all the event listeners and yet-to-come dispatchers that are part of the
interface of the binding. You put there the behavioral part of the
binding that will receive/emit events from/to the bound element. Events
handling elements that deal with internal events should be put in the
template element. Is that right?

Cyril Concolato
Dept. Comelec
Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications, Paris
46, rue Barrault 75013 Paris
Tel: +33145817991    Fax: +33145804036