Re: xblShadowTree readonly? When does alternate rendering occur? xblBound boolean? (was Re: xblBoundElement in sXBL)

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:07:24 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Jon Ferraiolo:
> Oh. I have always assumed that NodeXBL only applies to element nodes,
> despite its name. The sXBL specification doesn't say that NodeXBL only
> applies to elements, but the way sXBL in general and NodeXBL in particular
> is defined, it seems like it has to be restricted to element nodes. Once
> again, I will bring this up with the XBL committee.

But to allow script to traverse the flattened tree, you need NodeXBL to
be implemented by other, non-element nodes, so you can access their
xblPreviousSibling/xblNextSibling/etc. attributes.

That, or should the interface be split into two?  One for nodes which
can appear in the flattened tree (NodeXBL) and another for shadowable
nodes (which would contain the xblShadowTree attribute).

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack