Re: xblShadowTree readonly? When does alternate rendering occur? xblBound boolean? (was Re: xblBoundElement in sXBL)

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:07:24 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Jon Ferraiolo:
> Oh. I have always assumed that NodeXBL only applies to element nodes,
> despite its name. The sXBL specification doesn't say that NodeXBL only
> applies to elements, but the way sXBL in general and NodeXBL in particular
> is defined, it seems like it has to be restricted to element nodes. Once
> again, I will bring this up with the XBL committee.

But to allow script to traverse the flattened tree, you need NodeXBL to
be implemented by other, non-element nodes, so you can access their
xblPreviousSibling/xblNextSibling/etc. attributes.

That, or should the interface be split into two?  One for nodes which
can appear in the flattened tree (NodeXBL) and another for shadowable
nodes (which would contain the xblShadowTree attribute).

Cameron McCormack