Re: xblBoundElement in sXBL

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:05:16 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Jon Ferraiolo:
> Yes, if elements are added to the shadow tree via script, their
> xblBoundElement points to the bound element just as if they were cloned
> from the original <xbl:template> within the <xbl:definition>.

Ok, thanks.

> For example, let's say you have a binding definition that has no
> <template>, such as:
>
>   <xbl:definition element="foo:bar">...</xbl:definition>
>
> And suppose you create an event listener in ECMAScript or Java which listen
> for the "bound" event, and further suppose that the handler associated with
> that event listener manually constructs the complete contents of
> xblShadowTree by creating an <xbl:template> element and then attaching
> children to the <xbl:template> such that xblShadowTree looks like this when
> everything is done:

I didn't think it was possible to construct your own xbl:template
element to use as a shadow tree, since the xblShadowTree attribute is
readonly.  I assumed you'd have to use an empty xbl:template element in
the definition, and then use script to add on to its clone.

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack