Re: sXBL issue -- bindings getting notified when the bound element is inserted into a document

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:32:13 -0500
To: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Jim Ley wrote:
>>I am proposing that we add an event that fires when the bound element is
>>inserted into the document to sXBL.  By "inserted" I mean "the Document
>>node appears in the list of ancestor nodes of the bound element."
>
> There's already a Mutation event - DOMNodeInsertedIntoDocument  ?

Ah, yes.  I had missed that one.  This still has the unfortunate
drawback, pointed out in my second mail, that bindings have to handle
two possible event orders -- binding attached before or after the node
is inserted in the document.  That's rather a burden on the binding
authors, but I guess it can be dealt with...

-Boris